About Us
FAQ / Resources FAQ / Resources
- Skin Rashes


A poison plant rash is an allergic contact dermatitis caused by contact with oil called urushiol. Urushiol is found in the sap of poison plants like poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac. It is a colorless or pale yellow oil that oozes from any cut or crushed part of the plant, including the roots, stems, and leaves.

After exposure to air, urushiol turns brownish-black. Damaged leaves look like they have spots of black enamel paint making it easier to recognize and identify the plant.

Contact with urushiol can occur in three ways: direct contact - touching the sap of the toxic plant, indirect contact - touching something on which urushiol is present. The oil can stick to the fur of animals, to garden tools or sports equipment, or to any objects that have come into contact with it, and airborne contact - burning poison plants puts urushiol particles into the air.
Examples
 

 
   
  "Life is about 10% how you make it ... And 90% how you take it."  
     
     
     
Services
Products
Acne
Eczema
Ethnic Skin
Hair Loss
Nail Disorders
Psoriasis
Skin Cancer
Sun Damaged Skin
Botox
Chemical Peels
Facial Rejuvenation
Fillers-Restylane
Laser Hair Removal
Laser Treatments
Microdermabrasion
Skin Care
Special Offers
Events
Contact Us